Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ashleigh's Quilt

Ashleigh's quilt. I made this quilt for Ash a couple of years ago. I needed to be inspired to quilt again after taking a few years off so I took a class. I had taken this class before with Kathy and Michelle about 5 years ago and every one made a 6 set sampler.... I thought I needed to make more so I made a queen size quilt ( 25 squares) in the same time as all the others made the 6 squares. Yes I do always have to do things like that...I think I do it to test myself.... I should get some counseling for that!!! Anyway.... I asked if I could redo the same class ( I guess that is not something that gets done regularly) and told her I wasn't going to make a queen size quilt ...I was going to make two twin size quilts??!!! Yep she giggled and told me I wasn't allowed to fall behind the rest of the group. I didn't....again with the counseling....and here we go..Ash's quilt....I have a fave part of all my quilts...on this one it is the pipping beside the binding. I think that makes it look really " finished".

No comments:

Post a Comment

roses etc

Im trying to "branch" out with new Flowers!! Thanks for looking!