Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hawaiian quilting

The last time I was in Hawaii I was taught how to Hawaiian Quilt by a group of ladies. It was one of the many things they were offering at the hotel. My girls got hula lessons, we learned how to make a traditional lei, learned to proper way to cut a pineapple to ensure the sweetness and I think we should have taken the ukulele lessons but sadly we skipped that one!! I sat with these ladies for a couple of hours and they were so great to teach me...I was the only on in the class and they all had the "best" way to do it! It was the first time I ever used applique and I fell in love.....I had to buy a wack of patterns and off I went! This is my fave....I made these into pillows for Hailey...I got the fabric I used for the pineapples in Hawaii...Yes I did go to a fabric store when I was there. Don't judge me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

roses etc

Im trying to "branch" out with new Flowers!! Thanks for looking!